Breakfast pizza by JoCooks
- 1/3 pizza dough (recipe here)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tomato, chopped in small pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- chives and parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 F degrees.
- Spray the pizza baking dish with cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place it on the pizza baking dish.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough. Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the bacon and tomatoes to the pizza, making sure they’re spread evenly over the pizza.
- Crack 4 eggs on the pizza and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and parsley.
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes by The View From Great Island
1 cup oat flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
3 packed Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
4 Tbsp melted butter, cooled
a splash of vanilla
- Mix the flours and the baking soda and powder together.
- Whisk the eggs and brown sugar together, then add the buttermilk, cooled butter and vanilla.
- Fold the dry into the wet, and mix just until combined. Lumps are good. Add more milk or buttermilk if the batter seems too thick.
- Cook on a lightly greased hot skillet. With whole grain pancakes you can’t rely on the bubbles rising and popping in the batter to tell you when they’re done on the first side, the batter is too thick for that. Go by your instincts…after a pancake or two you’ll have figured out how long they take. Don’t overcook.
Baked eggs by Fueling Endurance Performance
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- Gruyere cheese, grated or diced – amount is up to you
- Pinch fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil
- Saute onion until translucent
- Add spices and tomatoes. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Grease 2 small ramekins (or another oven safe dish) with a bit of melted coconut oil
- Layer each ramekin with chopped spinach, top with onion/tomato mixture and cheese
- Crack an egg on top of the veggies (spread the yolk a bit)
- Sprinkle fresh thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until the egg whites are firm
You can change up the spices for variety… Maybe garam masala? Or madras curry? Smoked paprika or Cayenne pepper for some heat? A lot of options!
If you want a bit more protein, add meat of your choice before cracking the egg on top. If you want more carbohydrate, serve with yam (cooked any way you like).
Whole wheat apple pancake by The Fresh Fridge
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T butter
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 1/2 T brown sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray 9″ round cake pan and put 1 tablespoon of butter in pan and put on low heat on burner ( I put mine on the back right burner of my oven as it heats because the heat vents out of the oven through that burner).
- Slice entire apple and place apple slices in the melted butter on the stove so they start to soften. The apple slices can be placed sporadically.
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon together on low. Scrape edge of bowl and mix again.
- Remove pan from burner and pour in batter (batter will be very runny) over the apples. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and a little bit of additional cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and serve!