Baked Eggs over Bratwurst and Potatoes by The Hungry Giant
(serves 2 – 3)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pieces bratwurst/hungarian sausage, sliced thinly, around 125 grams each
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- half a bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small potato, around 150 grams, peeled and diced small
- 50 grams green peas
- 4 – 5 eggs
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Spanish paprika, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and the onion. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and cook until it starts to brown at the sides.
- Toss in the bacon and saute until it starts to render. Add the sausage slices and mix together.
- Add the peas. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika.
- Remove the pan from heat and crack the eggs over the mixture. Season the yolks with a little bit of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place the pan in the oven and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until the yolks are set but still slightly runny. When done, remove from the oven, garnish with chili flakes and serve warm with rice. Enjoy!
Baked French Toast with Caramelized Pears and Hazelnuts by Feasting At Home
Gingerbread Pancakes by Little B Cooks
(makes 12-14 pancakes)
1 3/4 cups flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, melted
In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. In a small bowl, add the buttermilk & eggs and whisk together. Slowly add the melted butter while whisking. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined - do not over mix. Cook pancakes on a hot griddle or pan until golden brown and the middle is set. Serve with pure maple syrup - Vermont syrup is best of course!
Sunny Side Up Eggs with Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Onions by Avocado Pesto
- 5 eggs
- handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- sunflower oil
- 1-2 pieces bread, cut into matchsticks
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh basil, slivered (optional)
- green onions, sliced (optional)
- Parmesan, grated (optional)
- In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Along the pan’s perimeter place bread pieces, filling up all the empty places. In the middle add sliced onion and cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the onions and cook for a few minutes. Add sliced tomatoes in a single layer and cook for a few minutes.
- Flip the bread pieces over (add more oil to the pan if it’s getting dry). Crack the eggs over the pan in 4 separate areas. Scramble them up a little with a fork if you don’t like them runny.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and cook until eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parmsan, green onions and basil (optional). Remove from heat and enjoy!