Low-fat Parmesan & Rosemary Mashed Potatoes by The Realistic Nutritionist
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
- 2 pounds (about 6 medium-large) Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup plain Chobani yogurt (I used 2%, you can use nonfat)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 – 4 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Cut the potatoes into quarters and add to the water. Add some salt so they don’t stick to the bottom. Boil potatoes until soft (a fork should pierce right through), or about 8 minutes. Rinse in a colander and place immediately back into the same pot.
- Add butter, cream cheese, milk and yogurt. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in rosemary (start with two tablespoons and add more to taste) and parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.