Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate by Baking With Blondie
2 1/2 C milk (I used skim)
1/3 C hot cocoa mix
1/4 C canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie)
1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice (next time I’ll use just 1 teaspoon)
1/2 t vanilla
pinch of salt
homemade whipped cream* (It’s very easy and completely worth it. I promise.)
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, whisk together milk, hot cocoa mix, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
2. Add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Heat thoroughly, whisking as the temperature rises. When desired temperature is reached, pour into 3 small mugs (or two large ones), top with whipped cream and marshmallows. Sprinkle a bit of pumpkin pie spice for a little extra love.
Homemade Whipped Cream
1 C heavy cream
1 t vanilla extract
1 t confectioner’s sugar
1. Chill whisk attachment and bowl in freezer for about 5 minutes.
2. In chilled bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form.
3. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Don’t over-mix.