10 Things We Can’t Have Without the Other
- Money without Labor – We do not value what we do not earn.
- Loyalty without Trust – Loyalty will vanish in the absence of trust.
- Appreciation without Education – We cannot fully appreciate what we do not fully understand.
- Wisdom without Experience – True wisdom is the product of many life experiences.
- Power without Checks and Balances – Unfettered power leads to greed and corruption.
- Business without Sincerity – Crooked businessmen are prison bound… if they’re lucky.
- Success without Sacrifice – Success doesn’t find us, we find it.
- Policy without Justification – Without justification, policy is just another form of tyranny.
- Happiness without Peace of Mind – A mind at ease is already pleased.
- Beginnings without Endings – A great, new beginning rises from another beginning’s end.
All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe.
— ― Shane ClaibornePermalink
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
— ― E.E. CummingsPermalink
Smoked salmon with poached egg and salad by JungleFrog Cooking
- 100 grrocket (arugula)
- 100 gr smoked salmon filet
- 4 eggs
- Spread some of the lemonmayonaise in an attractive way across the plate something like this and add the salad in the middle of the plate arranging it nicely. Spread the thin slices of salmon around the salad and put a poached egg on top. Now I have been told that the best way to poach and egg is to cook the water with a little bit of vinegar and before putting the egg in swirl the water so if you drop in the egg, the eggwhite will automatically swirl around the egg keeping it all together. Now I tried that and it didn’t look to good in the pan, but once out and turned upside down it was reasonable. It was my first poached egg anyway so not too bad I guess. If anyone has a better idea for a poached egg I’d be curious to know!
- For a little bit of crunch I added some seasalt flakes on top but be careful not to put too much on as the salmon is a bit salty already. It’s a lovely taste all combined and very light!
You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn’t true. I know a lot about love. I’ve seen it. I’ve seen centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain and lies. Hate… It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way that mankind loves… You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and… What I’m trying to say, Tristan, is… I think I love you. My heart… It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it doesn’t belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I’d wish for nothing in exchange. No gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.
— Yvaine - Stardust The MoviePermalink