Bruschetta al Pomodoro & Asparagi by Apron and Sneakers
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 250 g. tomatoes (the sweetest variety that you can find), finely chopped
- Fresh basil, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 4 - 6 asparagus spears, grilled & chopped
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, asparagus, basil, salt and extra virgin oil.
- Grill both sides of the bread on the barbecue grill (the best), in the oven, on a griddle or even in a bread toaster.
- Rub one side of the bread with halved garlic, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil then spoon the tomato and asparagus mixture on it.
- Serve while hot.